Mersin Vocational School, established in 1975 as being dependent
on the Ministry of National Education, was affiliated with Mersin University in
1992 and started its academic year in 1993-1994. Upon the decision of the
Mersin University Senate on February 8, under the reference number 2005/14,
Mersin Vocational School is separated into the tracks of Technical and Social
Sciences and Mersin Vocational School of Social Sciences was established by the
agreement of General Board of Higher Education on May 6, 2005 according to the
Article 7/d-2 of the Higher Education Law No. 2547, changed with the Law No.
2880. Mersin Vocational School of Social Sciences has been in service for 35
years and it aims to educate and train qualified employees for the following
1. The Department of Hotel, Restaurant and
■ Program of Tourism and Hotel Management
2. The Department of Tourism-Travel and Entertainment Services
■ Program of Tourism and Travel Services
3. The Department of Office Services and Secretarial Training
■ Program of Office Management and Executive Assistantship
4. The Department of Marketing and Advertising
■ Program of Marketing
5. The Department of Foreign Trade
■ Program of Foreign Trade
6. The Department of Management and Organization
■ Programs of Business Management
7. The Department of Accounting and Tax
■ Program of Accounting and Tax Applications.
8. Social Services and Consulting
■ Social Services*
9. Finance, Banking and Insurance
■ Banking and Insurance*
*Students have not been
Mersin Vocational School of Social Sciences includes 14
classes all with projectors, 2 computer laboratories, 1 conference hall.
Additionally, there is a cafeteria serving lunch and a canteen established for
the use of students.